Come on in... we speak ze eenglish (or try to)

Forum dédié aux off-topics de BoOt et Lyn ainsi que d'autres personnes :o)
little_Ln
Gardienne de la Bibliothèque
Je suis : Une sorcière

Re: Happy St Patrick's day!

Message par little_Ln »

Tonight, I didn't even need a pub, but we had a nice St Patrick's day celebration ! Even though we couldn't get any Guiness... But we had nice Celtic music, and man, I did remember enough of my native place's dancing to teach it to the American girls living with me... At least An Dro dancing, which is already quite of a story. Why, I didn't even know I could remember as much of Celtic dance as to teach it to others. But what fun ! End of the story : we got a date for the Lorient International Festival of Celtic Music for July... 2010 :D . I'm not sur it's really gonna happen, but well... We'll see, it's life, I guess... I'm just really happy about tonight, 'cause I got closer to any of my housemates than I did before... knowing that we've been living together for two months now... It's quite of a big happening ! I had fun anyways, and that's anything that was really important... I'm just a little worried about tomorrow's first hour's test... We'll see !
B.O.N.N.E C.O.P.I.N.E du CFLM

D-Diggle
Directeur de la Publication

Message par D-Diggle »

News from Ireland: St Patrick's (or Paddy's days sometimes) is over.

The parade was nice, but there were way too many american marching bands (they neveer smile and always play a non-celtic similar music)...

We drank a Guiness for la Gazette !
Attention : Je suis très peu disponible en ce moment. Les délais de réponse peuvent être importants. Désolé !

ZiNi59
Lecteur fanatique

Message par ZiNi59 »

D-Diggle a écrit :We drank a Guiness for la Gazette !
Be careful Diggle ! We mustn't talk about drinking, it's written in the chart of la Gazette :roll: ...

(it's a joke, of course)

Ailis
Chroniqueuse RITMique

Message par Ailis »

Happy Saint Patrick's Day !

As the "Irish girl de la gazette" I couldn't miss the opportunity to celebrate Ireland tonight.

Yet I did^^

I didn't went out tonight for the sole reason that I have been partying and having fun for the last 4 days and was quite tired tonight !

So knowing that I wouldn't go out, I decided to celebrate Ireland my own way today and wore my new Irish T-shirt all day and strolled proudly everywhere with it !
I also listened to my favorite Irish song (the seventh)at least 5 times today.

I am going to Ireland with some friends in two weeks time and am just delighted to go back to my favorite country for a few days. It's a pity to miss St Patrcik's Day by a few days but I had no choice, work comes first... But it will be fantastic, St Patrick's or not, I'm sure of it. Two days in Dublin an 3 days around the country, we don't know exactly where yet, we'll just rent a car and have fun !

So, once more : Happy St Patrick's Day everyone ! I hope you enjoyed the Irish Spirit ! Image

piwi a écrit :Je voudrais vivre dans une queue party pour toujours !

dolby
B.C.B.G. de la Gazette

Message par dolby »

Ailis a écrit :I didn't went out tonight for the sole reason that I have been partying and having fun for the last 4 days and was quite tired tonight !
really ? doubtful...
Image "Don't mess with the dogs"
[img]http://www.quizznblind.net/forum/images/smilies/calimero1.gif[/img] a écrit :Fantôme de fossoyeur, face de carème, saltimbanque débutant, je vais te décanter :evil:

Ailis
Chroniqueuse RITMique

Message par Ailis »

Aspirin dear ? :mrgreen:
piwi a écrit :Je voudrais vivre dans une queue party pour toujours !

Samael
S.E.R.P.E.N.T de la Gazette

Message par Samael »

Ailis a écrit : I also listened to my favorite Irish song (the seventh)at least 5 times today.
Ah !The Irish Rover. The version sung by the Pogues is great !

eärendil
Auror
Auror

Message par eärendil »

Warning!: Lots of pictures there, might take some time to download the page :oops:
Samael a écrit :
Ailis a écrit : I also listened to my favorite Irish song (the seventh)at least 5 times today.
Ah !The Irish Rover. The version sung by the Pogues is great !
Here is my fav I have to admit : Ireland's call
Ireland! Ireland!
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder
We answer Ireland's call.

Ah well, I'm sharing some piccies of the StPaddy's Parade ;) :mrgreen: Enjoy :mrgreen:

Nice way to start with eh ;)

These two have to be for choupi our national bagpiper ;)

I'd kiss that Irish one any time he is too cute ;)

Montreal's flag bearing the colour of the four founding nations of the city: England, Ireland, Scotland and France ;)

Irish dancers; ain't they lovely?

Some more bagpipes

I wanted the same glasses... Me jealous!! :P

These kids are amazing ain't they?

I found that one hilarious but such is the spirit ;)

And I leave you with these wise words ;)
Some things I cannot change, but 'till I try, I'll never know
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
ImageImage
http://www.candidcameraman.com

Peyrel
Lecteur assidu

Re: Happy Easter! Happy Pass Over!

Message par Peyrel »

Hi folks

It seems a bit late to wish you a wonderful St Patrick's, but as all thse who came before did, I cannot escape. Better late than never (or something this way) : Happy St patrick's day.

I'm not going to stay long, as I'm revising for my exams (I don't knw if you can call them exams at all... But I have not enough strength to seek in my mermory for the translation of concours) than are beginning on april 23th... I don't feel prepared enough but I don't think anyone can say so. Just forget abouth my exams (or concours)

To lna. I must not be mistaken to suppose that youv'e finished the SoT now, so I just came here to have your opinion. A sI haven't come for a long time, I did not know you had read it, but now I've discoveered, I want to share your view !!

See you
"si les singes savaient s'ennuyer, ils pourraient devenir des hommes"
Goethe

Lna
Directrice Artistique

Message par Lna »

Peyrel -> No, I haven't finish the saga SoT :(

Because, when I went to the bookshop (it was at begining of March), the seller told me that they haven't any more book of "Confessor". Then, he told me that the book must come from USA and i don't know, he said something else like they must "reprint" it (réimprimer).
Well... break-stocks in France ! (I don't know if it's correct for "rupture de stocks").

So... a week later, because I was a little bit busy with the admission for my school next year, I went to an other bookshop, an English one, in Gineva. I saw the book there 2 weeks before, so I told the seller the book I want... and he told me that they haven't more of this book too.
Break-stocks in Switzerland !

This day, I think I was going into hysterics.

So I hadn't choice, and this time, I ordered the book. The seller told me that i must wait 3 weeks before the book arrive.

And yesterday, I receive a SMS from the bookshop that said that the book finally arrive. Waho ! A month waiting for a book !

I'm going to the bookshop tomorow, so I think I will have finish the book next week. I hope... if there no more catastrophes !
Mon beau Sapin ! Roi des Sapins ! Que tes épines sont belles !

Peyrel
Lecteur assidu

Message par Peyrel »

Hi folks

I was so sorry to see this old but how interesting topic slowly vanishing that I had to post something here. And, incidentally, praticing my english will be quite necessary, as I won't have any english lesson in the next seven month. In fact, I won't have any lesson in the next 7 months, as I'm currently doing a "stage" (I have no idea how I can say that in english) in Paris. It's quite disturbing to discover the "real life" so abruptly : only a few months ago, I was studying in Truchtersheim, the little townb I've been living in since my birth, and then I'm not only living in Paris alone, but also am working... Which means no homework at all, but quite a change in the way I spend my time. To be honest, I really enjoy it, but I think I will tend to be a bit lazy... and especially in mathematics and english. therefore, I will try to come here every here and there.

So I hope you are all well, and happy with your lives. It will be nice to hear from you soon

Bye
"si les singes savaient s'ennuyer, ils pourraient devenir des hommes"
Goethe

Monox
Sorcier Angoissé de Répondre aux Sujets

Message par Monox »

You can translate "stage" by "training period" or more casual "trainee"...

See you!
Démissionnaire. Au revoir....

Monox, Ex Docteur Es-Tortures du CFLM old style
HP a dit: "Tu es magnifique!"

little_Ln

Message par little_Ln »

Monox a écrit :You can translate "stage" by "training period" or more casual "trainee"...

See you!
I would use the word "internship" for "stage". That's anyway the word I used to apply for some, and the one they usually advise us to use at school :wink:

Monox
Sorcier Angoissé de Répondre aux Sujets

Message par Monox »

little_Ln a écrit :
Monox a écrit :You can translate "stage" by "training period" or more casual "trainee"...

See you!
I would use the word "internship" for "stage". That's anyway the word I used to apply for some, and the one they usually advise us to use at school :wink:
All right, good for me! But in my company (US) we used to say "trainee" but it is probably not academic ...(we are located in Georgia... a lot of rednecks live in this area!)
Démissionnaire. Au revoir....

Monox, Ex Docteur Es-Tortures du CFLM old style
HP a dit: "Tu es magnifique!"

little_Ln

Message par little_Ln »

Monox a écrit :
little_Ln a écrit :

See you!
All right, good for me! But in my company (US) we used to say "trainee" but it is probably not academic ...(we are located in Georgia... a lot of rednecks live in this area!)
That's probably all and the same... Internship kind of sounds more British than American, but then the American I lived with last year were also saying internship ! But I also heard "trainee" some times, so... Both are probably right !!

Répondre

Revenir à « Hors sujet »