Come on in... we speak ze eenglish (or try to)

Forum dédié aux off-topics de BoOt et Lyn ainsi que d'autres personnes :o)
Bigbenr
H.L.M. (Honorable Lecteur Modéré)
Je suis : Un sorcier

Message par Bigbenr »

ben* a écrit :To say "De plus", there is few possibilities : "In addition", "Moreover", "Besides" or "Furthemore"
aha!! A grammar rule that I hate.... You should say "there are a few possibilities"

a few ->dénombrable (ok) -> un peu de, quelques
few ->idem -> peu de (donc pas beaucoup)

youhou!
C'était vraiment très intéressant.

Lola Black
L.I.O.N de la Gazette

Message par Lola Black »

!i Luna Lovegood i! a écrit :I'm in love with you! Please, marry me!

I'm really keen on Emilie Simon!
I'm really too !
But... I don't know if PACS is authorized in Britain, or if they tolerate the wedding between a "mineur" and a recent "majeure"...^^

Dumby-du-66
Lecteur occasionnel

Message par Dumby-du-66 »

when I read English texts I don't feel the pleasure of words, the pleasure of the language that I feel when I read Spanish texts for example...
In my opinion, the language isn't very important. When I read my first english book ( A Midsummer Night's Dream ), i feel the " power of words". And Shakespeare in English is wonderfull, but it was very very hard.

Prométhée
Auror
Auror

Message par Prométhée »

Bigbenr a écrit :
ben* a écrit :To say "De plus", there is few possibilities : "In addition", "Moreover", "Besides" or "Furthemore"
aha!! A grammar rule that I hate.... You should say "there are a few possibilities"

a few ->dénombrable (ok) -> un peu de, quelques
few ->idem -> peu de (donc pas beaucoup)

youhou!
The difference 'tween few and a few...

I've got few friends (1)
I've got a few friends (2)....

1-The guy who says that implies that s/he hasn't got a lot

2-S/He implies that s/he has got a certain amount/quantity...

So, few is more negative than a few. ^^

Ben, you can add on your list "What is more"

Me too can be used... but, it is informal... ^^

That's all folks! :P
ImageImage

Un bon forumeur est celui qui sait se modérer. ^^
Samael a écrit :Mon secret : la modestie :lol: :lol:
Smokman a écrit : Je sais, je sais, je suis très bête et très con... NA !

Marie Potter
Lecteur inconditionnel

Message par Marie Potter »

ben* a écrit :And to say "moi aussi", you can say "so do I", "me too" is correct too, but it's not a good english...
Sorry, this is what we learn in school...
Irréelle, ma terre, j'atteins l'espace, et les étoiles dansent une valse. Météores et nuages blancs, je vole et le soleil m'attend.

ben*
Reporter de la Rubrique Actualités

Message par ben* »

Marie Potter a écrit :
ben* a écrit :And to say "moi aussi", you can say "so do I", "me too" is correct too, but it's not a good english...
Sorry, this is what we learn in school...
AT school :langue: :wink:
T.A.U.P.E. du CFLM

Chino
Maugrey de la Gazette
Maugrey de la Gazette

Message par Chino »

In France the learning of english ( or other foreign languages) is very bad. They do no learn us to speak and some english expressions. They learn us the culture, the history, a few of grammary, some vocabulary ( is good)...

But if you go to england you will see that is no sufficient.
Retraité

Prométhée
Auror
Auror

Message par Prométhée »

I think you're a tad harsh. You cannot learn a language at school. You have to make some efforts by yourself. You cannot improve your understanding thanks to some cassettes you listen to in class. As for the vocabulary... it's the same problem. You cannot learn the numerous definitions for "give in", or the synonyms for "great" at school because you run out of time...
Anyway, However complex the course may be, the pupil is the one who must work the most by himself or herself.
ImageImage

Un bon forumeur est celui qui sait se modérer. ^^
Samael a écrit :Mon secret : la modestie :lol: :lol:
Smokman a écrit : Je sais, je sais, je suis très bête et très con... NA !

Marie Potter
Lecteur inconditionnel

I learn english like I can...I try to translate lyrics (I'm in improvement time!!!) and I read books in english. But, I think that I must make more efforts (? I don't know if this is the good word) if I want make a International section in High School
Irréelle, ma terre, j'atteins l'espace, et les étoiles dansent une valse. Météores et nuages blancs, je vole et le soleil m'attend.

Chino
Maugrey de la Gazette
Maugrey de la Gazette

Message par Chino »

Prométhée I never disput it. The most important is to be interested at school. It is just to speak english that I will live in England for three months.
Retraité

!i Luna Lovegood i!
Lecteur inconditionnel

Message par !i Luna Lovegood i! »

Prométhée a écrit :I think you're a tad harsh. You cannot learn a language at school. You have to make some efforts by yourself. You cannot improve your understanding thanks to some cassettes you listen to in class. As for the vocabulary... it's the same problem. You cannot learn the numerous definitions for "give in", or the synonyms for "great" at school because you run out of time...
It's absolutely right, but, in France, we don't do anything to change this. For example, in Holland, when you watch TV, english films are in english, french films are in french, etc... And this help a lot in the learning of languages.
Marie Potter a écrit :But, I think that I must make more efforts (? I don't know if this is the good word) if I want make a International section in High School
I think you mean European Section because to be in a International section, you must be bilingual. :roll: :wink:
"Don't worry. You're just sane as I am."

MagicaL GirL
Nouveau lecteur

Message par MagicaL GirL »

Hello! :D I'm in this forums to practise French... and now English! ^^ I speak English better than French... I think English is easier than French or probably because I've studied English since I was little.

ben*
Reporter de la Rubrique Actualités

Message par ben* »

MagicaL GirL a écrit :Hello! :D I'm in this forums to practise French... and now English! ^^ I speak English better than French... I think English is easier than French or probably because I've studied English since I was little.
Where do you come from ?
If you come here in order to practise french I think that you're NOT french ^^
T.A.U.P.E. du CFLM

eärendil
Auror
Auror
Je suis : Une sorcière

Message par eärendil »

Hi there,

Lola, for "se la péter" you would use "to show off"... I like the expression ;).

Magical Girl, welcome aboard... I'm glad you've found your way here ;).

As for me, well back from Quebec for a couple of weeks, hopefully not more. My flight is on September the 13th but not sure I'll get back... Anyway, I'm not glad to be back but I gotta live with it.

At least, I'll get to catch up with everything that's gone on since I lost my connection, meaning early July...

Cheers
Some things I cannot change, but 'till I try, I'll never know
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
ImageImage
http://www.candidcameraman.com

Marie Potter
Lecteur inconditionnel

!i Luna Lovegood i! a écrit :
Marie Potter a écrit :But, I think that I must make more efforts (? I don't know if this is the good word) if I want make a International section in High School
I think you mean European Section because to be in a International section, you must be bilingual. :roll: :wink:
I don't know because when I say European Section, they say "This is International Section" and when I say International Section, they say "This is european section". :roll:

Répondre

Revenir à « Hors sujet »